The Amazon mobile app is a quick and convenient way to access your account and make purchases when you’re on the go or whenever you don’t have your computer.
With just a few taps on your smartphone or mobile device, the Amazon app lets you browse products, shop, pay for your orders, check on the status of your purchases, request a refund, manage your account, and do so much more.
Sometimes, the Amazon app doesn’t work as expected. There are times when it crashes and becomes unresponsive.
We’ve looked into the common reasons why the Amazon app keeps crashing, and here’s what we’ve found out, plus some ways to fix it:
Unstable Internet Connection
You need a good and stable internet connection for the Amazon app to run smoothly on your mobile device.
One common reason why the Amazon app keeps crashing is if you have an unstable internet connection.
If you’re using mobile data to connect to the internet, the signal may be weak in your area, or your service provider may have some technical issues.
You can try to fix and restart your device, but if that doesn’t work, you may need to contact your carrier to see the problem.
If your phone is connected to Wi-Fi, then the unstable internet connection may be caused by several issues. Here’s a list of potential problems and how to resolve them.
- Loose Connection – Your internet connection is unstable because your router may not be properly plugged in, so check the cables and wires to see if they are connected properly.
- Broken Cables or Wires – Broken or worn-out cables and wires can also cause an unstable internet connection. If this is the issue, then you need to replace these components.
- Faulty Hardware – Your internet connection may be unstable because the modem or router itself is faulty. In this case, you need to contact your provider to see if they can replace the equipment.
- Software Issues – Incorrect settings and configuration can also cause an unstable internet connection, so you must guarantee that your router is properly configured.
- Weak Signal – Your device may be getting a weak signal from your router, which causes an unstable internet connection. Make sure your mobile device is not too far from your router to properly connect to the internet and access the Amazon app.
- Interference – Your internet connection may be unstable if other devices interfere with the signal. Some examples include microwave ovens, cordless phones, wireless video cameras, and Bluetooth devices. Make sure to have your router installed far from these devices.
After you’ve tried any of the fixes above based on the issue, restart the router.
Once you’ve fixed your internet connection, quit the Amazon app and relaunch it. The app should run smoothly and stop crashing if the root cause of your issue is the internet.
Amazon Charged The Wrong Card! (Here’s How To Fix It)
Amazon App Is Not Up-To-Date
App manufacturers create updates for a reason – to confirm that the app is running smoothly and working as expected.
Updates are also being done to add new features, fix glitches, or when there are major operating system updates so that the app continues to work properly with the system.
Your Amazon app may crash if you are not using its most recent version or if your current app version is incompatible with your device’s operating system.
If you’re having this issue, then the fix is pretty quick and simple. Just update the Amazon app on your phone. It shouldn’t take you more than 5 minutes – just ensure your internet connection is stable.
If you’re using an iPhone or iPad, here’s how to update the Amazon app on iOS:
- Open the App Store app on your device.
- Search for the Amazon app.
- You should see an “Update” button on the right side if there’s a new update. Tap that button to update the Amazon app on your device.
And here’s how to update the Amazon app on Android:
- Open the Google Play Store app on your device.
- At the top right portion of the screen, tap the profile icon.
- Tap “Manage Apps & Device,” and it should show you a list of apps with an update available. Tap “Update” to get your device’s most recent version of the Amazon app.
To prevent the Amazon app from crashing, ensure you always have the most recent version.
You can do this by enabling automatic app updates on your device. This will automatically install the update for the Amazon app whenever there’s a new version available, as long as your device is connected to the internet.
7 Reasons Amazon May Not Refund You (Explained)
Bug Or Glitch In The Amazon App
Another reason your Amazon app keeps crashing is a bug or glitch.
This happens when the data stored on the app or the Amazon app itself is corrupted. However, this issue is not as serious as it may sound, and the fix is quite simple.
If the app data is corrupted, you can clear the cache on the Amazon app.
Here’s how to do it on an iPhone or iPad:
- Open the Settings app on your device.
- Navigate through the settings and find the Amazon app.
- Tap on the app and navigate to the bottom of the page.
- Look for the toggle button that says ‘Clear temp data on next start’ and tap on it.
- The cache data will be cleared the next time you open the Amazon app on your device.
And here’s how to clear the cache on an Android device:
- Go to Settings.
- Select Apps and look for the Amazon app.
- Scroll down and select Storage.
- Tap the button that says “Clear Data.”
If clearing the cache and app data doesn’t work, and your Amazon app still keeps crashing, then the app itself may be corrupted. In this case, you may need to re-install the app.
Simply delete the Amazon app from your device and then go to Google Play Store or App Store to install the app again. This should resolve the problem.
To prevent this from happening again, clear the cache data every now and then by following the steps above.
Amazon Keeps Asking To Reset Password? 3 Known Issues (Solved)
If the Amazon app on your mobile device keeps crashing, it’s either an issue with your internet connection or the app itself.
To prevent this from happening, ensure that you have a good and stable internet connection when using the app on your device.
More importantly, regularly clear the cache data from your Amazon app and keep the app version up-to-date.
How To Fix Amazon App Is Freezing Or Unresponsive Issue
Fixes For Amazon App That Keeps Crashing On Android
How To Fix Amazon Shopping App That Stops Working After An iOS Update