Headbands are versatile pieces of hair accessories that can be worn by anyone regardless of gender and age. They are one of those accessories that have both style and function.
Apart from being functional, headbands can also make you look more attractive.
Here are 10 ways that headbands can help make you more attractive:
1. Keep Stray Hair Away from your Face:
Headbands can make you more attractive by keeping your hair away from your face.
Let’s be real: having little bits of stray hair all over your face can look unattractive, unkempt, and just plain messy.
By simply wearing a headband, you can keep those stray hairs at bay, and you will look neater and more attractive.
2. Dress Up a Casual Look:
When worn tastefully, headbands are great pieces of hair accessories that can level up your casual look.
It can complement your overall look. A nice stylish headband can be a focal point in your ensemble and draw attention to your face.
You can accessorize with a headband, a plain t-shirt dress, or a jeans-and-shirt outfit. It would instantly elevate your look and make you more attractive.
3. Solution to Bad Hair Days:
Ever had one of those days when your hair won’t seem to cooperate and is just unmanageable?
We’ve all had them. Bad hair days can happen to anyone.
It is a good thing that headbands exist to rescue you from those bad hair days. If you are having a bad hair day, wear a headband, and that’s it! Problem solved!
By wearing a headband, your hair would look instantly made up and styled without you having to do too much. Then you can finally go about your day as normal and forget about your bad hair day.
4. Effortlessly Style your Hair:
Did you sleep in again, causing you to wake up later than usual? Do you want to look cute but do not have much time to style your hair?
Headbands make you more attractive by letting you style your hair effortlessly in very little time. This is great, especially if you are in a hurry.
Just put one on, and you are ready to go.
5. Add Volume to your Hair:
Some people pay a professional to do their hair when attending a formal event or party.
This helps minimize their prep time and guarantees that their hairstyle will look flawless. However, not everyone can afford to pay a professional hairstylist to do their hair.
Instead of getting a professional to style your hair, you can wear a headband, which would instantly elevate your look.
There are lots of headbands out there that are great for formal events. Bejeweled or embellished ones look best.
You can brush your hair, tie it in a neat bun, and then pop a bejeweled headband on. Do not forget to spritz a bit of hair spray to keep your do in place.
6. Add Volume to your Hair:
Hair that looks fuller is generally more attractive.
This is why many people buy different tools for hair styling or pay for volumizing treatments for their hair.
When worn a certain way, headbands can be used to instantly add volume and body to an otherwise lifeless and dull hair.
7. Cover Up Hair Regrowth Roots:
If you are someone who likes to dye their hair, then you know how annoying hair re-growth roots can be.
If you had your hair colored a few months ago and your roots are showing up, but you do not have the time to have it re-touched, then you can wear a headband.
Headbands can hide and camouflage those roots, so they become less unsightly.
8. Keep Overgrown Bangs at Bay:
Overgrown bangs hanging in the eyes generally do not look good.
Plus, they can cause pimples because dirt that sticks to your hair can spread to your face through those overgrown bangs.
Headbands can keep these bangs at bay and away from your face, thus preventing the spread of dirt to your face, which could cause pimples.
9. Keep Sweat Away From your Face:
Having a sweaty and greasy face is not attractive.
Nobody likes to look sweaty, even on a hot day. Headbands are the ultimate hair accessories that help prevent sweat from dripping down your face.
Some headbands even have a moisture-wicking feature that can absorb sweat, grease, and moisture.
By wearing a headband, you can prevent your face from getting sweaty and greasy, and in turn, this can make you more attractive.
10. Show Off your Style:
Headbands come in various styles, colors, fabrics or materials, and designs. Whatever your style, you will surely find a headband that matches it.
Headbands are great hair accessories for showing off your style or your personality. Nothing is more attractive than a person who is comfortable being themselves.
How Can You Best Wear Your Headband?
Different types and styles of headbands are best for different functions. Some headbands would look out of place on certain occasions.
Here are some tips on how to best wear your headband:
- For a simple and casual look, plain classic headbands look best. Wear it by starting at the hairline and pushing it back to keep your hair in place.
- Headbands with a middle parting are also a classic look. Just part your hair down the middle, secure it in a bun, and place the headband towards the back of your head.
- Wear bejeweled or embellished headbands for formal parties or events. They would look great even if your hair is down or in an updo.
- If you are going for a fun retro look, wear a scarf or bandana as a headband by tying it around your head and placing the not at the top.
- For working out or for any athletic activity, elastic sporty headbands in moisture-wicking fabric work best. You can get these headbands at any sportswear outlet.
- Wear thick headbands when going to the beach or if you want a carefree bohemian look. Thick headbands work best with long wavy hair.
- Go for skinny headbands if you have a short hairstyle, like a pixie cut or a bob. These headbands look stylish without hiding too much of your hair.
Does Your Face Shape Matter When Choosing A Headband?
While all types of headbands can be worn by anyone regardless of face shape, some headband styles work best for certain face shapes. Your face shape can matter when choosing a headband.
If you want to get a headband that best complements the shape of your face, here are some tips to follow:
- Round Face – Go for a headband with an accent piece or a centered not at the top. This will help define the face shape by drawing the focus upwards.
- Square Face – Go for a thick headband or padded headband to balance out the angles of the face.
- Diamond-Shaped Face – Go for a headband with a bow or large accent piece on the side. This is to draw attention to the side so that any sharp lines look softer.
- Heart-Shaped Face – Go for any headband style as long as the hair is parted on the side. This is to highlight the cheekbones.
- Oval Face – Go for any style because this face shape can pull off pretty much all styles and types of headbands.