Accidents can happen to our bags anytime, even if we are very careful.
While it is very easy to replace any bag in case of an accident or a mishap, it is quite costly to replace a Prada bag. So what do you do?
If you have a Prada bag and its authenticity card, you can bring it to any Prada store. Prada will repair your bag.
Here’s What To Do To Fix Your Prada Bag:
If your Prada bag needs fixing, you can take it to any Prada store with your authenticity card. Without the card, they will not service it. If your bag is still within the one-year warranty, the repair might be free of charge. If it is out of warranty, nominal fees may apply.
What Is The Prada Repair Service Like?
Apart from selling bags, Prada also does repairs for the bags that they sell. It is a part of Prada’s after-sales services that they offer to customers.
The repair services are available for all bags, whether within or beyond the warranty period. If it is beyond the warranty period, there will be applicable fees depending on what kind of repair is needed.
To get your Prada bag repaired, you must bring it to the Prada store with the authenticity card. The bag will then be sent to Prada’s repair lab in New York City.
The authenticity card is very important when you have a Prada bag. It is your primary proof that the bag is authentic; you would need this to get your bag serviced by Prada. You also need to keep this card in case you want to resell your bag in the future.
When you buy a brand new authentic Prada bag, it comes with two authenticity cards. One is made of paper, while the other is made of plastic, like a credit card, and comes in a small black envelope. The back of the cards contains information about your bag, including the date and place of purchase.
Apart from proving the authenticity of the bag, the card is also used to determine if it is within the warranty or not. You can present other proof without the authenticity card, such as the receipt. Otherwise, your Prada bag is less likely to be serviced by Prada.
How Much Does It Cost To Have A Bag Repaired By Prada?
The cost of having a bag repaired by Prada depends on a couple of things. It depends on what needs to be fixed and on the warranty status of the bag.
If the bag is within the one-year limited warranty, the repair may be free at the discretion of the Prada store. If the bag is beyond warranty, it may cost anywhere from $20 to $200 to get the bag repaired.
For out-of-warranty repairs, the cost depends on what needs fixing with the bag. It may be something simple as cleaning or conditioning. Or it may be something that involves repairing or replacing the hardware.
The best thing to do is to bring the bag and the authenticity card to a Prada store near you so that store staff can check it and give you a quote for the repair.
How Does Prada Repair Your Bag?
Prada offers a variety of maintenance and repair services for your Prada bag. All you need to do is to bring the bag to a nearby Prada store and present the authenticity card.
Once you bring in your Prada bag for repair, they will send it to Prada’s repair lab in New York City.
Prada’s repair lab is their in-house facility where Prada bags are serviced and repaired. The services being done here include the following:
- Relining – This is the process of replacing the lining inside the bag.
- Conditioning – This involves moisturizing and oiling the leather to protect it from scratches and prevent it from cracking.
- Cleaning – This involves basic cleaning of the bag.
- Stain Removal – This is done if there are deep stubborn stains on the bag that cannot be removed by regular cleaning.
- Refinish or Dying – This is the process of refreshing the color of leather bags.
- Handle Repair or Replacement – This is done when the handle needs to be fixed or replaced.
- Hardware Repair – This involves fixing the hardware, such as buckles and buttons.
- Zipper Repair and Replacement – This is done when the zippers need to be fixed or replaced.
- Piping and Trim – This involves replacing or fixing the piping or trim of the bag.
There may be a repair cost depending on what service you will be availing of. Once the repair is done, they will contact you regarding when you can pick up your Prada bag.
How Long Does It Take For A Bag To Be Repaired By Prada?
Depending on the extent of wear or damage on the bag, it may take several weeks to repair it.
On average, it takes 2 to 4 weeks for a bag to be repaired by Prada. This time frame includes the shipping or transportation of the bag to the repair lab in NYC.
When you take your bag to Prada for repairs, the staff can give you an estimated time for when the repair will be completed so you will know when to pick up your bag.
Once the repair is done, the store staff will also inform you so you can pick it up from the store as soon as possible.
Can I Get My Prada Bag Repaired By Someone Else?
Apart from the Prada stores, there are other places where you can get your Prada bag fixed.
You can get your Prada bag repaired by someone else.
Many places offer bag repair services. Prada does not own these third-party bag repair centers, but they are experts and highly skilled in servicing and repairing luxury designer bags.
Getting your Prada bag repaired by a third-party bag repair center is a good option if:
- There is no Prada store near you, and the cost of driving to a Prada store outweighs the cost of getting it fixed by a third-party repair center.
- Your Prada bag is out of warranty, and it will be cheaper to get it repaired at a third-party repair center.
- You lost the authenticity cards and the receipt for your Prada bag, so it is less likely to be repaired by a Prada store.
Here is a list of some third-party bag repair centers in the United States that can repair Prada bags:
- Modern Leather Goods – This store is located in Manhattan, New York. You can go to their store or ship your Prada bag to them through USPS, UPS, or FedEx for mail-in repair service.
- Rago Brothers – This store is located in Morristown, New Jersey. You can go to their store without an appointment or mail your Prada bag to them for mail-in repair service. They can also pick up your Prada bag for repair if you are within their area.
- Purse Rehab – This store is located in Agoura Hills, California. This store also offers a mail-in repair service for Prada bags.
- Santana Leather Care – This store specializes in leather bags and has 5 locations in the US: North Carolina, Georgia, Florida, and the remaining two in New York. You can walk in for a bag service or avail of their mail-in repair service.
- Cobbler Concierge – This store is located in New York and offers mainly main-in repair services for bags.
Some department stores that sell luxury designer brands, like Bergdorf Goodman, Neiman Marcus, and Nordstrom, also do repair services for Prada bags if you bought the bag there. All you have to do is bring the receipt as proof of purchase.
Can I Repair My Prada Bag Myself?
Repairing a bag can be difficult, especially if it is a designer bag. To do so, you must be knowledgeable about handling and caring for the material, especially if it is leather.
Even if you are knowledgeable in sewing clothes and ordinary fabric, it takes a different skill to sew a handbag. The material is different from that of clothes.
For the hardware and zipper, you may need special tools to be able to repair or replace them.
You can repair your Prada bag yourself. You can do so, but it is recommended only if you know how.
Otherwise, please do not attempt to repair your Prada bag yourself because you might risk damaging it further. It would be best to just let a professional do it.
If you accidentally damage your Prada bag, do not discard it. Be it at a Prada store or a third-party bag repair center, and you can always get it fixed. And getting a Prada bag fixed is always cheaper than buying a new one.
Prada Frequently Asked Questions