While English is generally the default language on Amazon, users can change the settings and change the language to their preferred one.
In general, the default language is set based on your account settings, browser settings, the location of your device, and other factors.
Sometimes Amazon keeps changing the language used on the platform. You may have experienced it at one point.
It may not be that big of a deal, but it can be annoying to keep switching the language back to your preferred one.
So in this article, we will discuss the issues that can cause this and the different solutions. Let’s get to it!
The Default Language Isn’t Set to Your Preferred Language.
This is the most common and obvious reason why Amazon keeps changing the language on the platform.
If you haven’t set your preferred language as the default, then Amazon will keep changing the language, and you have to keep switching it back.
Here’s how to fix this on a PC:
- Click on the flag icon at the top right portion of the page. This will open Language Settings.
- Choose the language that you prefer for browsing and shopping on Amazon.
- Then click on “Save Changes.”
If you’re using the Amazon app on a mobile device, here’s how to set your default language on it:
- Tap the menu icon with the three horizontal lines.
- Then go to Settings, then Country & Language, and then Language.
- Select your preferred language.
- Your Preferred Country or Region Was Not Set on Amazon
Amazon currently supports over 20 countries, each with a different language option.
If you are located in Spain, the product pages and other website pages on Amazon will be in Spanish, even if your preferred language is English.
To be able to browse and shop on Amazon in your preferred language, it is recommended that you set your preferred country or region.
Here is how to change the Amazon country or region when using a PC:
- Click on the flag icon, which is next to the search bar.
- Select “Change country/region,” which is the link at the bottom of the drop-down menu.
- If the website is not in English, your browser can translate the page.
- Select your preferred country or region, and click on “Go to website” to save the settings.
Once you’ve completed the steps above, a new Amazon tab will be opened and displayed in the main language in the country or region you selected.
Here’s how to do it on the Amazon mobile app:
- Tap the menu icon with the three horizontal lines.
- Go to Settings, Country & Language, and Country/Region.
- Select your preferred country in the Countries/Regions available in your preferred language section.
- Your Browser May Have a Different Preferred Language
Even if you have set your preferred language on Amazon, your web browser may have a different configuration, so Amazon keeps changing the language.
This needs a pretty quick and simple fix. You just have to go into the settings of your browser and change it:
- Open the menu by clicking the three dots in the top right corner.
- Then go to Settings and select Language.
- Under “Preferred Languages,” you will see the list of selected languages.
- If you see your preferred language on the list, click on “Move to the top” so that it becomes your default.
- Then remove any languages that you don’t want to use.
If you’re using the Safari browser on a Mac, then you can change the language in the general settings of your computer itself.
Here’s how to do it:
- Click on the Apple logo at the top left corner of the screen.
- Then click on System Preferences and select Language & Region.
- On the left portion, you will see Preferred Languages. If you see your preferred language, just make sure it’s on the top of the list.
- If it’s not on the list, click the + icon to add your preferred language and move it to the top.
- Then you can also remove any languages that you don’t want to use.
- Click Firefox on the Menu bar at the top of the screen.
- Then select Preferences.
- Go to General and look for the Language section, then select your preferred language from the list of options in the drop-down menu.
- Then restart Firefox to apply the changes.
- Click the menu icon.
- Then go to Settings and then Languages, which will show you the Preferred languages.
- Move your preferred language to the top of the list.
- Then remove any language that you don’t want to use.
- Your VPN Is Configured to a Different Country or Region
This only applies to those using a Virtual Private Network (VPN).
If you’re using a VPN, it may be configured to a different country or region, which is why Amazon keeps changing the language on the platform.
VPN is a service that lets you stay private even when online. It establishes a secure and encrypted connection between your PC and the internet. This gives you a private tunnel for whatever you do on the internet, even when you use public networks.
A popular use for VPN is when people want to go on websites that have limited access to a certain country or region.
If you’re using VPN and Amazon keeps changing the language, then you may have found the root cause. Check your VPN settings and ensure your preferred country or region is selected when accessing the e-commerce platform.
Amazon Keeps Asking To Reset Password? 3 Known Issues (Solved)
Best Practices for Dealing with Amazon’s Language Changes
Even though constant language changes on Amazon may not be a big issue and can be fixed easily, it can still be annoying, not to mention time-consuming, having to change the language every time you log on to Amazon.
To make sure that Amazon won’t keep changing the language on the platform, here’s what you can do:
- Ensure your preferred language is set on the Amazon website and mobile app.
- Make sure that your preferred language is set on your web browser.
- Ensure the correct country or region is selected on the web browser, Amazon website, or mobile app.
Here is another important step: always keep your web browser and Amazon mobile app up to date and running on the most recent version that’s compatible with your operating system.
Keeping the applications updated on your PC and mobile device can help prevent issues like this and other bugs or glitches.
As long as the language and region settings are properly configured on your Amazon account, web browser, and mobile app, then Amazon won’t keep changing the language.
Even if you are physically in a different location and using a different IP address, like when you’re on vacation or traveling for work, Amazon will be displayed in your preferred language if the settings are correct.
Amazon Keeps Asking You To Sign In? 2 Known Issues (Solved)
Why Is My Amazon in Spanish? Language And Other Important Settings
Amazon: Check Your Language Preference
How To Change The Default Language On Amazon’s Website And App