Apart from the prestige of the name, one important thing that sets luxury brands apart from other brands is the quality of the products. Products from brands like Prada may be very expensive, but you are paying for the quality and durability of these items.
Prada products are known to last for a long time. So how long do they last? Let’s find out.
Here’s How Long Prada Materials Last:
The materials used for Prada products are exclusively made for the brand. The materials used for clothes and shoes can give these products a lifespan of up to a decade. The fabrics used for bags can guarantee that they last up to 30 years. The leather used for bags can last up to 50 years.
Are Prada Products Made From High-Quality Materials that Last Long?
One of the things that Prada prides itself on is the quality and durability of the products that it sells. This is because the materials used are also of high quality.
A very good example of this is Saffiano leather. This type of leather is widely used on Prada bags, wallets, and other leather items.
Saffiano leather was invented and patented by Mario Prada himself. It is characterized by a cross-hatch pattern which is crafted through the use of a special stamping machine. It then goes through a wax treatment to make it more durable.
Because of how it is produced, Saffiano leather is one of the most durable types of leather out there. It is scratch-resistant, water-resistant, and has stood the test of time. It does not stain and is also very easy to clean.
- Prada clothes, shoes, and accessories can last for at least ten years.
- Prada bags, on average, can last for more than 30 years.
- Bags made from leather can last up to 50 years.
Some Prada bags are so durable that they are even handed down from one generation to the next. So if you own a Prada bag, you can expect it to last very long that you can even give it to your future daughter.
How Do You Make Prada Products Last Longer?
With meticulous production processes, high-quality material, thorough inspection, and quality checks, Prada products are made to last very long, but can you make them last longer?
You can generally make Prada products last longer and exceed their expected lifespan. You can do this by giving them the right care and attention.
When you own an expensive item, you want to take care of it properly, so it lasts longer. This is why following the care guide for luxury items is important.
Here are some ways to make Prada products last longer based on the item:
- Store the bag properly. The sun can be harmful to your Prada bag. It can cause the fabric to fade, so ensure your Prada bag is stored somewhere the sun’s rays can’t reach.
- Use the dust bag provided. All Prada bags come with a dust bag, where you can place your Prada bag when it’s just sitting in the closet. The dust bag protects your Prada bag from bugs, moths, dust, and natural elements like UV rays and moisture.
- Stuff the bag. When not in use, stuff the inside of the bag so that it retains its shape. You can use a piece of cloth or even scrunched-up paper for this.
- Regularly clean the bag. When cleaning your Prada bag, make sure to do so according to the bag’s fabric. For leather bags, use a proper leather cleaner. For nylon bags, a gentle liquid soap should work just fine.
- Follow the care guide on the tag. All Prada clothes have tags where you will find the care guide. Follow this carefully as it varies depending on the fabric.
- Reduce the wash time. Letting your Prada clothes sit in the wash for too long can affect their quality.
- Invest in dry cleaning. For luxury items, it is better to have them dry-cleaned.
- Store the clothes properly. Don’t let creases and wrinkles stay on your clothes while they are stored in your closet. This can cause them to warp permanently. Make sure to steam or iron them before you store them.
- Store the shoes in a clean and dry place. While it looks good to have your shoes on display, it is better to store them inside a dust bag and then in a box. This helps keep them clean and protects them from bugs and other natural elements.
- Protect the shoes. The heels of designer shoes can get worn out easily if you use them a lot. Get a rubber protector for the heels to prevent them from wearing out. You can also treat the shoes with a spray to make them waterproof or add a layer of protection.
- Do maintenance checks. When used frequently, shoes can start to show some wear and tear, especially on the heels. Bring your shoes to a cobbler every few months so they can be thoroughly checked and cleaned.
What Are The Signs That A Prada Product Is Worn Out?
When you’ve owned a product for quite some time, it will show signs of wearing out. This is normal for all items, even for designer ones.
You’d know that a Prada product is worn out when it starts to show little signs of being run-down.
Here are the signs to look out for based on the type of item:
One good indication that a Prada bag is worn out is when you see tiny cracks or scuff marks appearing on the surface.
This is very common in leather bags. When the leather starts to peel off, that is also another sign that the bag is worn out.
UV rays can cause the fabric to fade. So if the color of your Prada bag has faded, that is another sign that it is worn out. Grease and sweat can also cause discoloration on the fabric, which is another indication of wear and tear.
Lastly, you would want to check the hardware. The bag is worn out when the zipper, buckles, or other hardware pieces have scratches or appear dirty.
Unlike bags and leather goods, clothes often show premature wear and tear.
If the fabric’s color has faded or there are stubborn stains, the Prada clothing item is worn out.
If there is lint on the fabric, that is another good indication that the product is worn out.
For Prada leather shoes, the signs of wearing out are pretty much the same as leather bags.
If the leather shoes have scratches, cracks, or parts that are peeling off, it means that they are worn out.
If the heels or soles look severely run-down due to frequent use, they are nearing the end of their lifespan.
If you see these signs of wearing out on your Prada products, it’s nothing to be concerned about. It means you have used them a lot – which is much better than letting them sit in storage.
You may take your bags and shoes to an expert for some much-needed TLC and maintenance, but wear and tear is natural. It happens to all products regardless of whether it’s from a designer brand or not.
How Long Do Prada Products Last Compared To Other Luxury Brands?
Prada products are extremely durable and can last very long when given the right care and attention.
Compared to other luxury brands, Prada products have more or less the same life expectancy.
Like Prada, all other luxury brands use high-quality materials to manufacture their products. All luxury brands have rigorous production processes and quality checks to ensure that each product is well-made and of excellent quality.